Vault of movie reels / movies Tributes
< Welcome into the Vault >

Movies fans Blog
Vault of movie reels / movies Tributes
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le Deal du moment :
Antivirus NORTON 360 Deluxe – Clé ...
Voir le deal
1 €

Clara Bow (1905-1965)

2 participants

Clara Bow (1905-1965)  Empty Clara Bow (1905-1965)

Message par maxi 07.12.19 11:40

Dernière édition par maxi le 21.12.19 20:07, édité 5 fois
maxi
maxi

Masculin Messages : 269

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Clara Bow (1905-1965)  Empty Re: Clara Bow (1905-1965)

Message par Guest 09.12.19 11:35

Quelle tornade quand même (Such a hurricane)
Anonymous
Invité

Message par Delnis 09.12.19 13:22

1922 - HER FIRST MOVIE "DOWN TO THE SEA IN SHIPS"
At 17 years she played "Dot Morgan" a little role, of a whaleman's grand-daughter

Clara Bow (1905-1965)  Ashore10

Clara explained in a magazine this first role:

" But finally I got a job. Elmer Clifton was going to make a picture called Down to the Sea in Ships. He wanted a small, tomboy type of girl to play a second lead. He hadn't much money to spend and he couldn't afford to pay much salary for this part. He had been at a casting agent's office and they had been going over all the people they knew without hitting the right one. The contest manager had sent Mr. Clifton copies of the magazines containing my picture. After the agency visit he happened to open one of them to a picture of me. It was one in the red tam and was part of the publicity from the contest, so you see it did do me some good.

He said, "Who the dickens is that? Clara Bow. Cute name. That's what I want. Send for that kid."

They sent for me.

But I was terribly discouraged by then. I was so sick of being told I was too young or too small. So I decided to take a desperate chance. I put my hair up, sneaked one of mother's dresses and went over done up like that.

When Mr. Clifton saw me he said, "Great heavens, you're not the girl I saw in the picture. I wanted a kid, to play a tomboy part. You won't do at all."

Just think. I had guessed wrong and nearly missed my chance. I started explaining so fast the words stumbled over each other. I said, "Oh, I'm the girl all right. But I've lost so many parts because I was too young that I put on mother's clothes to see if I couldn't look older."

That made him laugh and I went home and got my own clothes and came back and got the part at fifty dollars a week. That was more money than I knew there was in the world.

But we had to go away. They were going to make the picture up in New Bedford. I'd never been away from home a night in my life and I knew mother wouldn't let me go. But Mr. Clifton arranged for the cameraman's wife to go along and be with me as a chaperon - so Clara Bow went on her first location with a chaperon. "

Delnis
Delnis

Masculin Messages : 318

https://cinema.forumactif.org

Message par maxi 10.12.19 18:04

maxi
maxi

Message par maxi 22.12.19 20:44

A BBC documentary of the end of her life about her illness, sad, very sad Crying or Very sad

maxi
maxi

Message par maxi 19.01.20 16:07

Just have a quick look on those closeups, Words are useless ♥

maxi
maxi

Message par Contenu sponsorisé

Contenu sponsorisé